Health Services at School SitesTop of Page

Health Services of Western Placer Unified School District are here to serve your children through the promotion and maintenance of health and safety in the school system. Our health services consist of two Registered Nurses and eleven Health Clerks, one per school site. Below you will find a brief and limited description of their duties.

The registered school nurses::
  • ensure that mandates and policies related to the health of our students are created and followed.
  • train, guide, oversee, and instruct the health clerks.
  • perform assessments and make health recommendations for students.
  • are the liaisons between parents and community health care providers and services.
  • oversee the health records that are kept for each student.
  • create care plans for students with complex health issues.
  • collaborate and consult with physicians, nurses, dentist, and all health care providers regarding care and treatment of students with special health needs.
  • administer medications that can be rendered only by licensed personnel.
  • collaborate with school administrator and teachers regarding health and safety of the school.
  • administer medical services to students and staff.
The clerks and other office personnel at each school site:

  • administer first aid.
  • maintain health records.
  • assist the nurses in mandated health testing and reporting, clerical work, and maintaining health and safety in the school.
  • perform other responsibilities on a daily basis in the area of health and safety.

Immunizations & Health InformationTop of Page

  • Type 2 Diabetes is a growing health concern.  Please click here  for information on Type 2 Diabetes and how to protect your child.



  • Varicella
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella
  • Hepatitis B
  • Polio
  • Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus



  • Whooping Cough (Pertussis) - New vaccine required for students in Grades 7 - 12 beginning in 2011/12 school year - ENGLISHSPANISH

Fight the FluTop of Page

 For information on H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) and guidelines for keeping yourself and your children healthy, please view the following:





Medications at SchoolTop of Page

Any student requiring medications at school must have a Medication Administration Form filled out by their physician. The form must be signed by the physician and parent in order to give the medication at school. The medication must also be brought to the school in its original container.

Student Health InsuranceTop of Page

For information on student health insurance, please see below.