New Year, New Us!
In our kitchens, taste buds come first.
We know food, and we're committed to putting the best on that spork. That means great-tasting, locally sourced meals that hit the spot nutritionally. (All while meeting the complexities of state and federal requirements, which is no small feat.)
Together we work to support our students.
We are excited for school year 2023 - 2024 and look forward to the following to help us offer better, more delicious, scratch cooked meals for our students.
- More chef inspired meals from our own, Chef Adrian
- Increasing our locally grown & procured selections
- Adding more freshly prepared menu items
- Facilitating more farm to school events
- Improving equipment in our kitchens
- Supporting the professional development of our food service team
- Continuing to offer free breakfast & lunch to all students
- Food Service Feature -
We are partnering with Tasty Pizza to bring us freshly made pizza to all our sites. Their new location in Carmichael will be supplying us delicious pizzas made with high quality & locally sourced ingredients!
We are so excited to be adding Hola Tortillas as one of our local vendors. Based out of Nevada City, Carmen and her team will be providing us with fresh, local, delicious tortillas this year!
Check out how UC Davis partnered with WPUSD to facilitate leadership development for K-12 food service workers! View article here.